Opening times, prices and location
COVID-19: Precautionary measures
According to the national regulations for the reopening of museums in Spain, visitors of the Museo Carmen Thyssen Málaga must follow these precautionary hygiene and security measures in all its facilities:
· Limited number of visitors (406 people)
· Limited number of visitors per room
· Purchase your tickets on our website (recommended)
· Follow the marked itinerary and use the stairs
· Keep social distancing (1,5 m / 5 feet)
· Mandatory use of face mask
· Use the hand sanitiser dispensers
· Cloakroom and lockers currently unavailable
· Maximum size of bags allowed: 35 x 20 x 20 cm
· Limited use of the lift (maximum 2 people or 1 family at a time)
· Limited use of the toilets (maximum 1 person at a time)
· Credit /Debit card payment preferred
· Use the bins provided
Brochures and audioguides are not available. You can download them for free in your mobile
Free audioguide (English / Spanish)
Use the QR codes (app reader required) in the work labels that include this pictogram to access the audio and the complete information on the works.
Free download of brochures available
Use the QR codes displayed on the exhibition rooms to download the collection and temporary exhibitions brochures.
New temporary opening hours:
Tuesday to Friday from 9.30 am to 2.30 pm and 5.00 to 9.00 pm
Saturday and Sunday from 9.30 am to 9.00 pm
Timetable of guided tours
Visitas guiadas temporalmente no disponibles
The Museum is closed on 25th December and 1st January. The box office will close 30 minutes before the Museum closes. The exhibition rooms will be emptied five minutes before closing.
General 10 € Reduced 6 € Group 8 €
Full-access tickets are valid for the whole museum (permanent collection and temporary exhibitions).
Museo Carmen Thyssen Málaga
Plaza Carmen Thyssen - C/Compañía, 10
Train: Estación María Zambrano. www.renfe.es.
- Camas: near de Central Market.
- Arriola: near de Central Market.
- Central: in the Plaza de la Marina, harbor front.
- Tejón y Rodríguez: Tejón y Rodríguez street.
Reduced price (proof of eligibility required):
Senior citizens and retired persons (65+)
Students under age 26
European Youth Card holders
Residents of Málaga province
Large families (3 or more children)
Free admission (proof of eligibility required):
Minors under age 18 and accompanied minors under age 13
Persons with a disability rating of 33% or higher
State-registered unemployed persons
Students of the University of Málaga
Teachers and students of Fine Art or Art History
Guides with official accreditation
Journalists with official accreditation
Members of the International Council of Museums (ICOM)
Free access Sundays from 5pm
The Museo Carmen Thyssen Málaga offers visitors the opportunity to visit both the Permanent Collection and the temporary exhibition in small groups.
The Museo Carmen Thyssen has a team of art guides who offer guided tours of different types and in various languages, as well as different themed tours, aimed at making the permanent collection and temporary exhibitions accessible to the public.
Self-directed educational tours
The Museo offers educational material to enable all members of the public to enjoy a self-directed visit to the Museum.
Regulations covering access, audio guide, cloakroom, virtual tour, App and works under loan.